Tuesday, September 12, 2006

rambling

I know I promised other pics of the shawl, but I just haven't gotten around to putting them up on here yet. I'll get them up here at some point. I haven't been doing a whole lot of knitting other than working slowly on the black socks. I've been doing some spinning, a little of this and a little of that. I'll take pics of that too when I have more spun, but like I said, it's just been a lil of this and that.

I have had this almost overwhelming urge to write poetry again the past couple days. I try and it just winds up being this random jumble of words that make no sense in any way no matter how they are arranged on paper.

I guess it doesn't help that I haven't been sleeping all that well lately either. The times when I do manage to convince my mind to fall asleep at a "decent" time, either I wake up for some reason or other on my own, or I'm woken super early by the lil one. I guess that will change eventually, either that or I will figure out how to survive permanently on no sleep.

I really aught to try and do some sort of beadwork again too, I just haven't had the "whatever it takes" to sit down and play with all those pretties. My poor beads have been sitting there looking and me and pouting because I haven't done anythign with them in about a month.

I think part of my problem is that I'm "homesick". I know they say it takes a few years to get used to living in a new place, but we've been in Alabama now for about 3 years and I still miss "home" just as much as I did the day we moved away. I miss all my friends and family up north. I miss the change of seasons. I miss all the wonderful things that I had easy access to: bead shops, craft stores, yarn shops, the foods, the people, etc....I could go on with that list, but I don't want to bore you.

I've gotten one part of the pattern that I am designing charted out and knitted, thanks to the wonderful people I've had helping me go over the written pattern and charts. I have no idea when it will be finished, but I will show you all when it does. Right now I don't want to show the finished pieces to the world. I know, selfish, right? I'm sorry, that's just the way I want to work with it for the moment.

Well, I better stop rambling before I bore you to tears.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home